The World Thru Joey's Eyes

Hi! My name is Joey. You can call me Pudge or Mighty Mouth if you like. In this Blog, i will share with you my life experiences as a little human being. Sit back, relax and enjoy. With Love and Kisses Joey Khor

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Mighty Mouth's Travelogue - Part 2 of 3

Day 3 (Pemberton)

For the first time, Daddie and Uncle Dabao were awake earlier than I am. Daddie’s favourite hobby in Australia is chopping firewood. He could go on and on forever without feeling tired or bored. This time round, he had Uncle Dabao’s help to pick firewood, load them onto a wheelbarrow and have them “delivered” to our cottage. Daddie said that a thunderstorm is brewing and we have to be prepared for it.

After breakfast, we left Daddie and Uncle Dabao at the cottage to continue their “morning exercise” while the rest of us went for a tram ride. Wow Whee! It was my first time riding on a tram. The tram went “chug chug chug” into the forest and the cool, fresh smelling air soon engulfed me (hmm.. I wonder why those air fresheners labeled as “Forest Fresh” doesn’t smell anything like that)! Along the way, the tram stopped at a beautiful cascading waterfall. Mommie was such a dampener, she didn’t allow me to walk on my own or play with the water either.... *sigh*

We picked Daddie and Uncle Dabao up for lunch at a nearby trout and marron farm (don’t ask me what trout and marrons are, all I know is they sure taste yummy!). The adults went fishing while little me popped bubbles by the river banks. It was fun! There was lots of space for me to run around except that I don’t really like the feeling of walking on grass.

Woody Woodpecker!

Our Forest Retreat

My new friend!

Presents from Popo, for me!

Yipee! We are going on a tram ride

Greetings from the Chiang family and a li'l Khor

Beautiful Scenery

Let me down!

Popo, Kiew Po, Vera Po and Me!

Fishing for our lunch

Yay! Caught a big fat trout!

They are fishing there

This flower stinks!

Cooked fat trout

Kiew Po is keeping me entertained!

We're a happy family!



Day 4 (Pemberton – Denmark)

It was another day of long drive and we arrived at a place known as the “Tree Top Walk” and “Ancient Forest”. The tree top walk is series of a long metal suspension bridge (about 60m off the ground), connecting the canopies of the giant karri trees. We were so high up, I could touch the leaves and hang on the branches of the trees. Whenever a strong gust of wind blows through, the bridge will shake and rattle…. it was so exciting! Daddie allowed me to walk on the bridge all by myself as long as I do not attempt to squeeze through the railings.

On our way home, we shopped at the town’s supermarket for food supplies. Uncle Dabao wanted to get lots of Coke to make Lemonade Coke coz there was a lemon tree right outside our cottage and Uncle Bob (owner of the farm) said we could pluck as many as we wish! Daddie said my feet has suddenly grown much bigger and needed new shoes… so he bought me a pair of red shoes that are fit for trekking and snow walking!!

A hearty breakfast to kickstart my day!

Cook at work

Start of treetop walk

Family photo with ugly tree

Tree top escapade

Argh! Stop chasing after me!

Shaking hands with Uncle Dabao

Stormy weather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home