The World Thru Joey's Eyes

Hi! My name is Joey. You can call me Pudge or Mighty Mouth if you like. In this Blog, i will share with you my life experiences as a little human being. Sit back, relax and enjoy. With Love and Kisses Joey Khor

Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Making of a Singapore Idol?

The folks in my household (especially that potbellied botak man whom my classmates call Joey's Daddie) have been complaining that I'm not making any effort to embrace the chinese language. They also can't figure out why I'm speaking Mandarin with a funny english accent! So, to prove that i can speak mandarin and sing even better, i belted out a chinese song i learnt in school with a title loosely translated to english as "Eyes, Nose, Knees and Leg". It's a pretty easy song because it's sung to the tune of London Bridge. I don't why, but whenever i reach the part on "knee and leg", they always burst out laughing...

Is there something wrong with my singing? Someone please enlighten me.

"眼睛、鼻子, 死翘翘, 死翘翘, 死翘翘 ... "

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM , Blogger Joey Khor Jia En said...

Pudgy darling,
You actually sang out a combination of Hokkien and Mandarin.

You started correctly with "eyes" and "nose" in Mandarin.

However, your "knees" became "drop dead" in Hokkien.

Luv
Daddy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home